Utah Department of Commerce - Division of Public Utilities
Utah - Life Elevated
Home Electric Telecom Natural Gas Water & Sewer Pipeline Railroad Public Service Commission


The DPU can help you resolve disputes with utilities regarding electric, natural gas, water service and very limited aspects of local telephone service.

*** You MUST first try to resolve your dispute directly with the utility before contacting the DPU for assistance.  If you are unsuccessful in resolving your concern directly with the utility, you may contact the DPU.

Use this form to file an informal complaint against a utility within the State of Utah.

PLEASE NOTE: Complaints elevated to FORMAL COMPLAINTS and filed with the Commission are public documents and will be published on the Commission's website. )

Those items marked with * are required entries.

 Utility Customer (The name on your bill or account)
* Customer Name:
   If Business, Contact Person:
* Primary Phone:
   Other Phone:
*E-Mail Address:
 Service Address
* Street:
* City:
   State: UT
* Zip:
Mail Address
Utility against which you are filing a complaint
* Utility Name:
* Your Account Number:
Your Complaint
* Complaint Type:
* Complaint:
(Be sure to indicate specific dates and people
you've talked to at the utility about this complaint.)
Suggested Resolution:
(What do you think the utility should do
to make this situation right?)